Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reading binge!

In preparation for my upcoming vacation, I made a trip to one of my favorite places: the library. Unfortunately, it turns out that the library does not love me as much as I love it. I owed $9.25 in late fees which I was required to pay before checking anything else out. Oops! The love/hate relationship continued when I discovered all the books on my reading list were checked out. But in the end, I found some things that looked interesting and came away with 11 books. Yes, you read that correctly, 11 books. I am going on what is best known as a "reading binge".

Here's what came home with me:

Fiction (real literature)
About Schmidt - Louis Begley
Fool's Errand - Louis Bayard
Endangered Species - Louis Bayard

Fiction (trash)
The Troublemaker - Rexanne Bechnel
Mr. Cavendish, I presume - Julia Quinn (My all-time favorite romance author)
Very Truly Yours - Julie Beard
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler

Non-Fiction
The Compassionate Instinct: The Science of Human Goodness - Keltner, Marsh, and Smith
Bursts: The Hidden Pattern Behind Everything We Do - Albert-Laszlo Barabasi
Body Language - Julius Fast
The Power of Persuasion - Robert Levine


If I "win" by reading all 11 books by next Tuesday (March 14th), I'm going to reward myself by finally using my zappos.com credit to buy these. And maybe if I don't finish all of them... No sense in holding on to the credit for a rainy day, I already have galoshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment