Thursday, March 17, 2011

FAIL

I failed the challenge :(  


Everything was going so well. On day 1 of the trip I finished 2 books. On day 2 I finished two more. On day 3 it all started to go downhill when I finally succumbed to the lure of all you can drink margaritas, yoga on the beach, and aqua-aerobics. But coming back from this vacation with new friends and a tan (a big deal for me!), I'd say I definitely won.
Here's the list and how I did with it. I'll definitely be reviewing Little Bee in the near future. The others, maybe/maybe not.


Fiction (real literature)
About Schmidt - Louis Begley Finished!
Fool's Errand - Louis Bayard 
Endangered Species - Louis Bayard Finished!
Little Bee - Chris Cleave Finished! (Last minute addition for those of you who noticed this wasn't on the original list)
It's Not About the Bike - Lance Armstrong Finished! (Another last minute addition courtesy of one of my coworkers)

Fiction (trash)
The Troublemaker - Rexanne Bechnel Finished!
Mr. Cavendish, I presume - Julia Quinn (My all-time favorite romance author) Finished and reviewed!
Very Truly Yours - Julie Beard Finished!
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler Finished and Reviewed!

Non-Fiction
The Compassionate Instinct: The Science of Human Goodness - Keltner, Marsh, and Smith
Bursts: The Hidden Pattern Behind Everything We Do - Albert-Laszlo Barabasi
Body Language - Julius Fast
The Power of Persuasion - Robert Levine Finished!


Also, for those who are interested, I ordered the shoes anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment