Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler

I have only seen Chelsea Lately twice. But even with my limited sample size I've made some judgments about her. After reading her book, let's see how they compare:

After seeing 2 episodes of Chelsea Lately              After reading the book
She's doesn't seem very nice                                  She's really mean
She's pretty funny                                                  She's moderately funny
What's with her midget obsession?                        Midget fetish confirmed
                                                                 
I'll keep this review short and to the point: I did not like the book one bit. I thought it was offensive, mean-spirited, and not funny. The writing isn't great and feels rushed. The chapters are disjointed and out of order. Her age skips from 7 to 20 to 12 so things have sometimes already occurred in one story that don't actually take place until later in the book. Not only that, but the stories are ridiculous and not at all believable.

Honestly, the best laughs I got out of this book were from the typos. To quote Publisher's Weekly: "[Readers] might find themselves asking for Vodka to help reach the end of this production." 

I'll drink to that!






1 comment:

  1. You read it so I don't have to! Whew, dodged a bullet. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete