Monday, May 2, 2011

We now interrupt regularly scheduled programming...

A disclaimer: I promise to do this no more than once per year.


Dear Blog Readers,
I would like to take this opportunity to blog about something a little bit more personal: breast cancer. Did you know that nearly 1 in 8 women are affected? I didn't. But that means 39 of my female friends will have to battle the disease in their lives. Or maybe it will be me.

I've decided to take a stand against cancer and do my part to be part of the cure. On July 9th and 10th I'll be participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, walking almost 40 miles with thousands of other women to raise money for medical research, education and early detection programs, clinical care, and support services. 


If you are able, please consider making a tax deductible donation to help me reach my fundraising goal of $1,800. You can Donate here or visit the page to view my progress and see fun facts as I begin training.

Thanks in advance for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment