Saturday, January 8, 2011

What's on my nightstand

Just finished: Under the Skin - James Carlos Blake
Think of the literary version of No Country for Old Men. Graphic and violent but well written with splashes of irony. Recommended only for those who don't get nauseous when they see blood.

Next up:
The Stone Diaries - Carol Shields. The SF Chronicle says "Bittersweet and beautifully written..." and the book won the national book critics circle award.
The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy. A national bestseller the New York Times calls "dazzling".
Both sound promising. Thanks Mom!

I also have She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb which I finished the first 20 pages of today before realizing I'd already read it. I can't remember how it ends though, so maybe I'll read it again, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment