Sunday, June 5, 2011

In the works...

Last weekend my mom gave me Cutting for Stone and Breaking Trail. I started Cutting for Stone but due to personal stuff going on the week (i.e. quitting my job), I was too excited to read. I'll try again this week.

I also made a library trip today and am happy to report that I picked out some exciting looking stuff. Whoever said don't judge a book by its cover obviously hadn't seen one with a half naked man it. Here's what I've got:
PopCo - Scarlett Thomas. Here's what it says on the back: "How many novels can you think of that leave the reader with an intriguing puzzle to solve, plus a cake recipe, plus a crossword and a list of the first thousand prime numbers?..." Umm..who doesn't want to read this?!

The Man in the Wooden Hat - Jane Gardam

Tipping the Velvet - Sarah Waters

I know it's been a while since I reviewed anything so I look forward to getting out of my book funk and finding some good stuff to post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment